Facts about Solar Energy
Solar energy refers to the energy produced by the sun. it is a continuous source of energy which can be harnessed and put to use for purposes like generating electricity, lighting up homes and producing heat.
The following are a few facts about solar energy.
- Solar energy is an abundant source of useful energy. The amount of sunlight we receive in a day is enough to provide electricity for the entire earth. Though the earth receives 173 petawatts of energy, human have only been able to harness 0.0001% of it. The energy received is ten thousand times more than is required by us.
- Another interesting fact about solar energy is that it is completely renewable. This mean that the energy we receive from the sun is completely natural and can be used whenever and wherever when required. Other sources like coal and other energy resources can deplete over time but not the energy from the sun. Proper technology can use this renewable source of energy and provide useful energy for lighting up homes and offices.
- In order to be used properly, the solar energy has to be converted into solar power. Solar energy can be converted in two ways. These include, direct or photovoltaic method which makes use of solar panels or generator to generate the electricity. Indirect methods include conversion through thermal collecting units.
- Another important fact about solar energy is that it’s completely safe to use and produce as well. There are almost no hazards or any far reaching ill effects of producing solar energy. The maintenance for solar energy generating systems are very low and cost effective as well. Though people might have to invest when implementing solar panels in their homes or office, the returns in terms of the investment are pretty high. The solar panels are made up of silicon so there are no instances of toxins or poisonous fumes. This is why solar energy is considered as the safest forms of electricity generation.
- Very little wear and tear take place during the collecting and storage of solar energy. With proper use and very little maintenance the solar panel can last anywhere from twenty five to around thirty years. The only cost a person has to incur I during the installation of solar panels. After that there is no added cost of generating electricity which is done completely free of cost.
- Reduces the carbon footprint ad lowers incidences of global warming. No toxins are released into the surroundings when using solar energy. Though there may be some sort of emission during the installation process but it is comparatively a great deal lower than other methods used to produce electricity.
- Solar energy can be used anywhere no matter what the location. It works especially well in remote areas. These areas sometimes have no access to electrical grids and working on these can be very costly. Installing solar panels can allow people to have access to much required electricity.
For more information on installation of solar panels make sure you contact the team.